After multiple experiences of queuing up in long lines for new movie releases — only to be told that tickets are sold-out Lime Labs decided to solve that. Ticktr is Trinidad and Tobago’s first mobile ticketing and payment app. Abovegroup rebranded and launched a guerilla campaign to gain rapid adoption for this exciting product. Accommodating all local cinemas and amplifying the product throughout the Caribbean and Latin America is next.
- Refresh the beta logo
- Launch the brand with a quick and affordable guerrilla strategy
- Create fun content and marketing collateral
- Hand over an identity tool kit
- Design strategy to shift from a start-up to an attractive and unique visual icon
- Ensure the brand can work alongside local partners and movie promotional material
- Communicate trust and creditability for users entering credit card details
- Yet remain fun and whimsical to attract a movie going audience
Project Process: Lean-research, brand identity, launch strategy, event production
Methods: User research, design, art direction, event management and production
Tools: Art Direction, sketching, photography
Roles: Lime Labs - Product Owners and developers
Abovegroup - Research, branding, campaign development, event launch and production
- They successfully gained permission and secured locations
- Managed logistics and 3rd party suppliers
- Event management
- On-boarding and walk-throughs of sign ups
- Saw a massive spike of successful downloads and use within 48 hours
Launching at university campus and cineplex's
It was so successful, Ticktr commissioned us to continue the activations at Cinema locations over several weekends.
Campaign Art Direction
The concept was to continue using the 'faces' of the launch and take them into the surreal world of classic movie posters. Commissioning a designer who specializes in party flyers, we were able to capture a fun, cheap and user-generated look and feel for the digital assets.
Back to work